Wednesday 1 February 2012

Assignment 1: Light Sensitive Material


When I first saw photograms on Google Images I thought ‘This shouldn’t be hard, we just put some light above objects’’. The reality was far from that. There are so many details you have to think of; the amount of light, the amount of time, what objects to put on the light-sensitive paper, how to place them, use the sheet from the right side…the list is endless. Here are the results.

Second out of four tries:

My objects were a necklace and a transparent heart from a pendant. Once everything placed, I lighted the objects for approximately five seconds, not very far from the desk (maybe a few cm). I think the necklace came out pretty well, except for a few unfocused beads on the right. As for the heart, it seems that the light was too much as we can barely see its shape. However, I find interesting that there are three darker spots on the heart and to me, it kind of looks like a smiley face. 

Third out of four tries:
 
For this photogram, I used a small bottle of perfume, a lot of mechanical  pencil leads and the lids of the little boxes in which you put the leads. I put all the pencil leads all around the bottle of perfume. Surprisingly, it seems like I put them on the bottle of perfume which I found weird yet interesting. I think this has to do with the location of my light source. Additionally, this time I held the light for three seconds and we can notice there is much more contrast. So I guess for me, it was not How much light but How Long to expose to light.

I wish I could re-do some photograms because this was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment